This online short course is designed for veterinary nurses seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in managing diabetic patients. Diabetes mellitus is a common condition in companion animals, and the role of the veterinary nurse is crucial in providing effective care and support. This course will cover essential topics related to the pathophysiology, clinical signs, diagnostics, treatment, nursing care, and nursing consultations for diabetic patients.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus in animals.
- Recognize the clinical signs and risk factors associated with diabetic patients.
- Learn the essential diagnostic tools and techniques for accurate diabetes diagnosis.
- Gain knowledge of the various treatment options available and their administration.
- Develop practical nursing care skills specific to diabetic patients.
- Improve their communication skills to provide effective nursing consultations to pet owners of diabetic patients.