Getting the phone call and realising that you are going to have to perform emergency surgery on a patient can be stressful. As a veterinary nurse it is your role to ensure that all of the equipment is ready for initial diagnosis, stabilisation and subsequent surgery as well as supporting for and caring for the patient during this time. This course will cover how to recognise and assess emergency patients, prepare for their arrival and ensure you have all equipment ready to take them to theatre. By the end of this course you will be confident the next time you get that call!
- How to recognise an emergency surgical patient
- How to stabilise patients prior to emergency surgery
- How to prepare for emergency surgery
- Interactive video lessons that should take up to 1 hour to complete
- You will have access as part of an active ProSkills Course Subscription
- You have access to the course for 365 days with individual course purchase
- Complete quiz activities to attain your certificate of achievement